Tax Rebates & Refunds

How to claim for tax rebates or refunds

June 25, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Every year thousands of pounds go unclaimed because people do not know how to claim for tax rebates. If you have been paying regular taxes to the government for the last few years then you might be able to claim some tax back if you have overpaid. Claiming for a tax rebate can be complex, so it is advisable to hire a tax expert who will help you to achieve the desired results.

There are several reasons why you can receive tax refunds from the government. If you have changed or lost your job then you can apply for a tax rebate. You can also apply for tax refunds if you are working as a student or working part time. People who are leaving the country before the financial year ends can also apply for a tax rebate. If you are planning to apply for a tax rebate then you need some documentation.

The various documents required while claiming a tax rebate

Your last P45 and your P60 are important documents that you should keep in a safe place. You are also required to attach a P91 (an employment history form) with the application. If you are leaving the country before the financial year then forms P85 and P86 are mandatory. The original copies of these documents need to send to the local tax office.

If you are not aware about the various legal formalities of claiming tax back then hiring a tax expert is a wise decision.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment