Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax refunds for non UK nationals working in the UK

June 27, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

According to a recent research results, more than two million people working in the UK are no UK nationals. This is almost a 75% rise in the past 6 years. If you are a non UK national and are working in the UK, you can claim a tax refund. Everyone who works and resides in the UK gets a certain tax free allowance. If you have been in the UK anytime within the past six years, you might be eligible to claim your tax back.

The tax free allowance is proportionally paid out throughout the year. Thus, you receive a part of this allowance in every pay packet. If you leave or enter the UK half way through the year and have not received the complete tax free allowance, you can claim a tax refund.

If your income is less than your actual tax free allowance, you can claim all the tax back that was taken by HMRC from your pay. On the other hand, if your income is more than your tax free allowance, you can still claim tax back. However, the amount you receive will completely depend on your income and the tax you paid.

How to calculate your tax refund
At the end of the tax year your employer will give a P60. When you have this document, you just need to input the income you earned and tax you paid into a tax refund calculator. This calculator will work out and provide you with an estimate of your expected tax refund.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment