Tax Rebates & Refunds

Why do you need to attach your P60 when claiming for tax rebates?

June 25, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

People who have overpaid taxes are eligible to receive tax rebates from HM Revenue and customs. If you are working or self-employed and pay your tax on time then you might be able to apply for a tax rebate. The procedure of claiming a tax rebate can be complicated in nature and this is why it is advisable to hire a tax consultant.

If you are applying for a tax refund this year then make sure that you attach your P60 with your application. All tax payers receive the P60 at the end of every tax year.

What is a P60?

Your P60 is a statement which displays your earnings for a specific tax year. Along with this, it also shows your tax code which is used to calculate how much tax you pay.

How do you claim for a tax rebate from a previous tax year?

One of the best things about the tax rebate scheme is that you can claim your tax back from the last 6 years. To avoid any delay in your payment, it is advisable to submit your application to the local tax office as soon as you think there may be an error in your code or the amount of tax you are paying.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment