Tax Rebates & Refunds

Unemployed individuals can claim a tax rebate

July 10, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Being laid off and unable to find a job can be one of the most stressful situations in an individual’s life. This problem can become complex when income worries begin to occur, as the Job Seekers allowance is barely sufficient to live on.

Presently there are more than 1.7 million people in the UK who are jobless.

How can a tax refund help you?

A tax refund can give a much needed boost to your income. And, it is possible that if you have been out of work for part of the tax year, you may be liable for a tax refund. This can be due to the annual tax allowance that you get that will be incorrect after you lost your job.

Even after getting a new job, it may be worthwhile to get in touch with a professional tax refund agent. Taking help from professionals can ease the process of claiming tax back. If you want to determine whether you are due a tax refund, you can use a income tax rebate calculator.

The P45 given to you by your former employer will have all the details about your monthly earnings and the tax deducted. Just enter the gross amount till the date you were made redundant and you will come to know the amount of tax rebate you are eligible to get.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment