Tax Rebates & Refunds

Have you overpaid tax? Apply for a tax rebate

August 26, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you pay income tax regularly then you may be eligible to receive tax rebates from the HMRC. This is because there is a chance that an individual has paid too much tax to the government. The reasons for this may be a wrong tax code, leaving the country, working part time, or have been made redundant.

If you have decided to apply for tax rebates then you should hire a tax consultant who will take care of the documents which need to be submitted to the tax office. Along with the application form, you also have to submit your P60 or P45 to the tax office. If you have lost one of these forms you can ask for a replacement.

Besides the P60 and P45, you may also be required to submit a P91 which contains information related to your employment history. If you are planning to leave the country permanently then forms P86/P85 may be required.

Time period for claiming tax rebates

According to tax laws in the UK, it is possible to claim a tax refund for any one of the past six financial years. To claim for any one tax year, you must have the P60/P45 of that particular year. It is recommended to claim for tax rebates as soon as possible to receive cash quickly.

If you want to calculate your tax rebates then you have to enter your income and tax figures into an online calculator. It is a simple process, yet hiring a professional can make the procedure run much more smoothly.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment