Tax Rebates & Refunds

Have you paid extra tax? Apply for a tax rebate

August 19, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

Many people have the misconception that the government or Inland Revenue will send a tax refund if they have overpaid their tax. This is not true because tax rebates are only given to those who make a claim. If you think that you have paid extra tax then you should apply for a tax refund immediately.

Importance of P60 and P45

To apply for a tax rebate, you have to attach your P60/P45 with the application form. The P60 and P45 contain information related to your income and tax paid in a particular year. These details will also help you to know how much tax refund you can get. If you have lost any of the forms then you can get the replacement easily. For example, if you have misplaced your P60 then you can ask for a ‘statement of earnings’ from your employer. This document will have the same information.

Once you have filled in the application form and have all the documents you can send them to your local tax office with a covering letter.

When will you receive the tax refund?

When applying for tax rebates, you will receive the refund as quickly as possible. To speed up the process, make sure that all the forms are present along with the application. You should receive the refund within 4-6 weeks.

There are many reasons why people apply for tax rebates such as migration to another country, working part time or studying while working. The whole process of getting tax rebates is complicated, so it is recommended to hire a consultant who will make sure that you get the refund you are due.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment