Tax Rebates & Refunds

Some FAQs on tax refunds in the UK

August 23, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you have been working in the UK and regularly pay your taxes, you may well be liable for a tax refund. Calculating a tax refund is often complex for people who are unfamiliar with the whole process. In such cases, you should seek expert advice.

With the help of P45 and P60 forms, you can easily calculate the amount of tax paid by you in a financial year. Enter the figures which you get in a tax calculator to know if you are eligible for a tax rebate.

How do I apply for tax rebates?

There are several documents that need to be attached with the application form. P45, P60, P85 and P86 are some of the forms without which you cannot always get a tax rebate.

People usually find it difficult to understand the documents that are needed for this process to go through. If you decide against getting help from an expert in applying for tax rebate, you can place all the documents along with the application form and send it directly to the tax office.

How long should I wait for the tax rebate?

Once you submit the proper documents with all the necessary paperwork, you will receive the money within 6-8 weeks. In the event of delayed service, the most likely reason is that some of the forms are missing. The deadline to apply for a tax rebate is usually up to 6 years from the date you want to claim back from; however it is advisable to claim a refund as soon as possible.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment