Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebates – claim now if you have overpaid

August 22, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Have you paid extra tax this year? If yes, then apply for a tax rebate as soon as possible because there can be many reasons why you may have overpaid. To know how much money you can get back, enter your income and tax details in an online tax calculator. If you have decided to apply for a tax rebate then keep all your documents ready.

What to submit with the application form

The P60 is one of the most important documents which needs to be submitted along with the application form. You will be given a P60 every year by your employer. It contains information which is related to your income and tax paid. If you have lost it then there is no need to worry because you can get a replacement easily.

To get a replacement P60, you have to request one from your employer. According to law, all employers must provide a replacement or ‘statement of earnings’ on request. This statement contains the same information. Along with a P60, you may also have to submit a P45, P85 or P86. You have to send these documents to the local tax office and wait for the refund.

How tax rebates are received?

Once you have applied for a tax refund then you will receive the payable order or cheque by mail. If you request it then the tax office can also transfer the cash directly into your bank account. If you cannot deal with the legalities involved in tax rebates then hire a tax consultant.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment