Tax Rebates & Refunds

Want to claim a tax refund? Read the following tips

August 18, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you work in the UK and pay taxes regularly then you can apply for a tax rebate. Every year, millions of pounds goes unclaimed by people who have paid extra tax. With the help of your P60 and/or P45, you can easily determine how much you have earned and hence been paid in a year. By entering these figures into a tax calculator, you can check if you are due a rebate or not.

How can I apply for a tax rebate?

If you have decided to apply for a tax rebate yourself then you need to make sure that all the documents are attached along with the application form. This might include P60/P45, P85/86 and P91.

Place all the documents and application form with a covering letter and send it to the Inland Revenue or local tax office. If you cannot deal with the complications involved with a tax rebate then a good option is to hire an expert who will guide you through the whole procedure.

How long will it take to get a tax rebate?

If you have submitted all your documents properly, then you will receive the money within 6-8 weeks. The process is delayed if the Inland Revenue finds that some documents or forms are missing.

Although the current deadline to apply for a tax rebate is 6 years from when you paid the tax, it is recommended to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment