Tax Rebates & Refunds

Helping you calculate your rebate

October 25, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Many individuals who have been paying tax in the United Kingdom are liable for a refund. You can apply for a rebate from Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC). It is possible that you might have been taxed at the emergency tax rate if you worked more than one job in a financial year.

It should be noted that you are liable for a tax refund only if you have been filling out the right forms. Calculating and applying for tax rebates requires patience and knowledge. Mentioned below are some codes and calculating methods to help make the application easier.

Tax calculator: Enter basic information like tax codes, earnings in a financial year and your personal/financial details when calculating the tax you have paid. With the help of an online tax calculator, you can calculate the amount of tax refund you are entitled to.

Tax codes: Tax rebate forms cannot be filled in unless you know the tax code you fall under. The tax code should be mentioned on your pay slip as well as the P60 form.

Contact your local tax department: It is advisable to approach the tax office directly in the event that you have doubts or confusion regarding tax rebates. The application forms can be confusing and hence it is advisable to seek professional help rather than filling in the wrong details.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment