Tax Rebates & Refunds

Planning to claim a tax rebate?

October 4, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you are a regular taxpayer and think that you have overpaid, then you can claim for a tax refund at the end of the tax year. You can check whether you have paid extra or not by checking your P60 form. You will receive a P60 from your employer at the end of the financial year.

How to check if you are due a tax rebate

Once you have received your tax documents (P60 and P45) you can know how much you have earned and paid. You can enter this information into an online tax rebate calculator and know how much you can claim. To get accurate results, you also have to enter the correct tax year.

How to claim a tax rebates

After you come to know that you are due a tax refund, gather all the forms which need to be attached with the application form. Here are some forms which you may need to submit along with your application:

• P45/60
• P85/86
• P38

Once you have gathered all the forms, attach them along with your application form and a covering letter. To get your refund as soon as possible, send your application form to the local tax office.

How much time it will take to receive a tax rebate?

Generally, the process is completed quickly and the applicants receive the cash within 6-8 weeks. Ensure that you have submitted all the documents properly to get the tax rebates as soon as possible. You can also hire a tax consultant to speed the refund process.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment