Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebates – tips to get your tax back

October 18, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Have you overpaid on your income tax this year? If the answer is yes, then use an online calculator to know how much of a tax refund you can get. You have to enter the income and tax details in to the calculator. You can get this information from a P60 or P45 which you will receive from your employer. Today, many individuals in the UK are wrongly charged for a number of reasons, such as:

• Wrong tax code
• Part-time job
• Retired from work
• Studying
• Leaving the country
• Emergency tax code

If you have been charged extra tax because of any one of the above mentioned reasons then apply for a tax rebate as soon as possible.

How to claim or apply for a tax rebate

If you want to apply for tax rebates then you must have various documents and forms such as the P60, P45, P85/96 and P91. If you do not have any one of these forms then you can submit replacements. For instance, if you have misplaced your P60 then you can get a ‘Statement of Earnings’ form from your employer. Ensure that this is printed with the company’s letter head.

You have to attach all the documents along with the application form and then send them with a cover letter. Send it to your local tax office at end of the tax year. As the procedure is bit complicated, it is recommended to hire a tax consultant who will help you with all the formalities.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment