Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claiming a tax rebate? Read on

November 30, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Many people in the UK pay extra tax to the government due to the wrong tax code or an emergency tax code. Also, if you have worked part time or are leaving the country, you might be charged incorrectly and can then claim a tax rebate. If you have overpaid tax then it is your right to apply for a tax refund to get your money back from HM Revenue & Customs.

Once you have taken a decision to apply for a tax rebate then you have to submit documents which show your earnings and tax deductions. This means that you must have a P45 from every employer you have worked with. In addition to this, you will also need a P60 which you will receive at the end of every tax year.

If you have lost any one of these tax documents then you can always submit replacement forms to the local tax office. For example, if you have lost your P60 for a particular year then you can submit a ‘statement of earnings’. Ensure that this statement is printed on company headed paper.

The whole process for tax rebates is complicated and requires form filling and filing. So, it is advisable to hire an expert who will guide you throughout the process.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment