Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebates – a few facts you should know about the process

November 23, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Do you want to know how much of a tax refund you can receive? If yes, then consider using an online tax rebate calculator. You have to enter several details such as your income and the tax paid into the calculator. Moreover, you also have to mention a specific year to get accurate results.

Which forms are required with the application?

If you are planning to apply for tax rebates at the end of this tax year then you must submit the P45, P60, P91, P85 and P86 forms. The P45 and P60 forms contain information such as how much you have earned and paid in a particular year. The P85/86 forms are a must for individuals who are leaving the country. The P91 is a must for everyone because it contains details about your employment.

What if you have lost your P45 and P60?

If you have misplaced the forms then there is no need to worry because you can submit for a replacement form. You can request a ‘statement of earnings’ from your employer. Ensure that the statement is printed on the company headed paper.

When will you receive your tax refund?

Once you have attached all your forms with the application and placed them in the cover letter then mail it to the local tax office or the Inland Revenue. If you have filled the forms out properly and have submitted the required documents then you will receive the money within 30-45 days. If you have not sent all the documents or filled the forms out using the wrong format then the whole procedure will be delayed.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment