Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claiming tax refunds?

December 19, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Are you an employee in the UK? Do you pay regular income tax and want to know whether you have paid too much or not? If yes, then use an online tax rebate calculator. You will find this application on several tax websites. Today, many individuals are applying for tax rebates because they have been charged extra by the Inland Revenue. Here are some reasons why you may have paid extra:

• Wrong tax code
• Paid under an emergency tax code
• Worked as a part time employee
• Retired from work
• Leaving the country in the middle of the tax year

After finding out why you have been overcharged and how much extra you have paid, apply for a tax refund immediately.

If you want to claim tax back then you have to fill in an application form immediately. You can get one from the Inland Revenue website. You have to attach other documents/forms along with the application. This includes a P60, P45, P85, P86 and P91. If you do not have one of the original forms then you can get a replacement.

If you are ready with the documents then place them in an envelope with a cover letter which should contain your income and tax related information. Post this letter to the local tax office at the end of the tax year (April 5th) or, in some cases, applicants are allowed to claim at any time of year.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment