Tax Rebates & Refunds

Did you pay extra income tax? Apply for tax rebates and get it back

December 17, 2010
Posted in Income Tax — Written by Geoffrey

Are you an employee in the UK and pay regular income tax? If yes, then check whether you have paid extra tax or not. Today, many individuals are applying for tax rebates these days because they have paid more due to wrong tax or emergency code, part time work and retirement.

How to check the amount tax refund?

If you do not have clarity about the amount of tax rebates then you must use an online tax refund calculator. You can get this application from any tax website. You can also visit Inland Revenue website to use the calculator. You have to enter tax related details such as tax paid in a year, money earned. Ensure that you are entering proper tax year to get correct figures. You can get the above mentioned numbers from P60.

When will you get your P60?

P60 is a very important tax document. You will receive it by your employer at the end of the tax year. This means that you will get it by April of every year. P60 contains various information such as how much earned and paid in a tax year. In addition to this, P60 also has PAYE reference number and tax code which is required at the time of applying for tax rebates.

Once you know that you are eligible to receive tax refund then fill the application and attach all the required documents. You can mail or post the application at the end of tax year.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment