Tax Rebates & Refunds

Information about the application procedure for tax rebates

December 23, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Are you worried about overpaid tax? Do you want to calculate how much income tax you have paid extra? If your answer is yes, then consider using an online calculator. You can find this application in any tax website. You only have to put your tax and year information in the calculator and you will get the details within a few minutes.

What documents are required with the application form?

After the calculation is completed, if you find out that you have paid extra and want to apply for tax rebates then be ready with the following forms/documents:

  • P45 – You will receive this form after leaving a job
  • P91 – This form contains information about your employment
  • P60 – Yearly tax statement. Your employer will give you this at the end of the financial year.

You have to ensure that you are submitting all the original forms because Inland Revenue requires original documents.

What if you have misplaced any document?

You do not have to worry, if you have lost or misplaced any one of your tax documents. This is because you can attach replacement forms with the application. If you have not got the original P60 of the past years then your employer will be able to provide you with a ‘Statement of earnings’. Ensure that your existing or past employer gives you the replacement on a company headed paper.

Where is the application form mailed to?

Once you have finished with filling the form then place the form and other tax documents in an envelope. You have to post the forms to the local tax office. You can get information about the tax office from the Inland Revenue website.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment