Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebates – Have you paid too much income tax?

December 26, 2010
Posted in Income Tax — Written by Geoffrey

Do you work in a company and your taxes are directly deducted? If your answer is yes, then you must check whether you have paid too much income tax. This is very important because sometimes extra tax is charged by the Inland Revenue due to you being on the wrong tax code or an emergency tax code.

If you want to know the amount of tax you can get back then you can use an online tax calculator which you will be able to find online. All you have to do is enter your tax figures to know for how much you can claim.

When can you apply for a tax refund?

If you know that you have paid too much tax then you can apply for a tax refund. You can get the application form from the Inland Revenue website. According to the rules, an individual can only apply for a tax rebate at the end of the current year. If you are planning to leave the country however and want to claim a tax rebate then you can apply for a tax rebate at any time you want.

How to apply?

You need original documents such as your P60, P45, P91 and P85 to apply for a tax rebate. If you do not have any of these forms then you can always apply for a replacement.

Where do you apply for a tax rebate?

After filling in the form and attaching the relevant tax documents, you have to mail these documents to your local tax office.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment