Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claim tax back in the UK

January 6, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

A tax refund can be on your mind for multiple reasons. You might need to claim tax back if you went on a work related trip or you were residing in the UK during a study period.

You can get a tax refund if you worked for only a part of the annual period or if your earnings were more during the first half of the year in comparison to the later half. In most cases, a refund is included in your wages. You also need to claim tax back if you are leaving the UK before the end of financial year i.e. April 5.

How to claim tax back

Tax refunds are achieved via a very simple procedure nowadays. Visit the website of the HM Revenue & Customs and click on a link that reads ‘claim tax back’. Then request a P50 form. Fill in all the information required, including details regarding your employment.

You then need a P45 form, which is issued by the employer when leaving the organisation. You need to know accurate payment information in case you do not have the P45. You can also get the information by identifying the relevant tax office or authority, to which you will also send your completed P50 form.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment