Tax Rebates & Refunds

Guidelines for international students filing for tax rebates

April 13, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you are a student working and earning in the United Kingdom, you might be entitled to a tax rebate. Filing for tax rebates is not however an easy task. It is for this reason that you need to seek the advice of an expert when it comes to filing for a tax rebate in the UK.

There are many common factors that determine tax rebate eligibility. Consider the answers given below to check your eligibility.

Can you claim a tax rebate if you are an international student?

If you have worked and paid your taxes under the PAYE (Pay As You Earn) system, you are entitled to get a tax rebate irrespective of the type of VISA that you are on. However, it should be noted that tax refunds tend to expire and hence it is important to file for returns at the earliest opportunity.

How much tax refund will you get after filing for a return?

The amount that you get back depends on the amount that you have earned and paid as taxes in the financial year. With the help of an online tax calculator, you can calculate the amount owed to you by the government. If as an international student you have earned an amount under the tax free allowance, you are entitled to receive the entire amount of tax paid.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment