Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tips on how to claim tax back

April 20, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

Filing a tax refund can be a tedious job. Seeking the services of a tax professional is a wise option. They can help you receive the appropriate tax refund and they make it easier for you to claim tax back.

What is a tax refund?
A tax refund is a refund on taxes when the tax liability is less than the taxes paid. This basically means that when you pay more taxes than you actually owe, you can ask HMRC to refund the difference. You receive your tax refund at the end of the financial year.

Who can claim tax back?
HMRC gives every working individual a tax code based on which the employer deducts tax from their salary. The salary slip given to us should have the appropriate code printed on it.

You are entitled to claim tax back if you fall into one of the various categories that are mentioned below.

1. If you start a new job and have an emergency or temporary tax code.
2. If your employer uses the wrong code for you
3. If you work for only part of the year
4. If you were laid off from your job and started your own business.
5. If you had more than one job at the same time.
6. If you are a student and only worked during your holidays
7. If you emigrated midway through the year

Submit the appropriate documents with your application so that you can claim your tax back without any difficulties. A tax professional will help you file the application efficiently which will help you get your tax refund without any difficulty.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment