Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claiming a tax rebate for using your own car for work

August 2, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you have used your own car for work purposes, you are entitled to make a mileage tax rebate claim.

A lot of people use their own vehicles to travel to and from meetings, travelling for miles and paying for their own fuels. Others pay out of their own pockets to fill up company cars with fuel, often re-fuelling a few times for a particularly lengthy business trip.

As long as it is for work purposes and you haven’t been properly reimbursed by your employer, you can benefit from a little tax relief for the miles you do and the fuel you pay for. You can claim for business mileage going back as far as six years, which could add up to quite a tidy sum.

Using an online tool such as a mileage tax rebate calculator, you can work how much of a refund you may be entitled to. It may then be a good idea to seek the advice of a professional service to help you claim your refund.

It is worth remembering, however, that your normal commute to and from work will not qualify for a business mileage tax rebate.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment