Tax Rebates & Refunds

More about the P45 and P60 forms you will need for a tax rebate claim

August 23, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Filing a tax rebate claim is relatively simple, provided you seek professional help to guide you through the process. A couple of things you will need to supply, however, are your P45 and P60 forms. You will need either one of these forms depending on what type of tax rebate claim you are filing.

The following is a little more information about the P45 and P60 forms.


This is the form you receive from your employer when you leave a job. It contains the following information:

• Your National Insurance (NI) number
• Your PAYE (Pay As You Earn) reference number
• Your tax code
• The date you left the position
• Your earnings in the tax year
• How much tax you paid on your earnings

You may need to supply a P45 form if you are leaving work, either to return to study, to leave the country or any other reason, and want to claim a tax rebate.


This is an end-of-year statement which details how much you’ve earned and how much tax you paid in the last tax year. It is very useful for nearly all tax rebate claims, especially for self-employed people who are registered for self-assessment or for anyone who thinks that they have paid too much tax.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment