Tax Rebates & Refunds

Even the smallest tax overpayments ought to be claimed back

December 2, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

When you are earning enough to get by the amount of tax you pay is something you generally accept. You recognise that tax comes out of your wages for a multitude of reasons and if it leaves you with enough money to cover all your own payments and to pay for the things you like to do with your life then you are quite happy.

However, this does not mean that you should ever have to make a contribution above and beyond the amount it is calculated you should make. The calculations are designed to take into account your situation and what you are able to afford, so if you find that you have paid more over the course of any tax year, this is quite unfair.

The overpayments may only amount to a bit of spare cash, but that is spare cash that belongs to you and should never have been taken out of your wages. It is advisable in this situation to get onto a tax claims agency about having your money returned. Claims agencies are able to secure tax refunds in order to square your situation with the tax office.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment