Tax Rebates & Refunds

Getting tax back for a year when you studied full time

March 23, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you went to university at any point in the last six years then it might actually be worth revisiting the tax you paid during that year. Going to university changes the entire complexion of things, particularly in terms of what applies to you as far as tax is concerned. The government does not expect you to contribute the same level of tax when you are studying full time as when you are working full time.

If this is something that is news to you then you need to dig out some of the documentation relating to the year when you were last at university. This documentation may reveal that you were paying tax at the same level when you were studying as when you have worked full time. If this is the case then you need to present this documentation to those that matter.

The HMRC has the power to return the exact amount of tax that you overpaid during the year in question, but the organisation needs first to be informed that there may have been a problem at some point. You can actually have a team of tax rebate specialists do this on your behalf.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment