Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claim tax back in spite of lost documentation

May 11, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

One of the things that prevents a lot of people from claiming tax back when they are fairly certain that they are entitled to a tax rebate is the loss of their tax documentation for a given year. In some cases, people never receive their P45 when they leave a job or their P60 at the end of a tax year either because of a breakdown in communication or because of a problem in delivery.

Without a P45 or a P60 some people are of the impression that they simply cannot claim back any tax. However, this is not the case. You must remember that any of the documentation you receive related to your tax situation also makes it to the Inland Revenue and they hold their own records about your earnings and so on.

It is also possible to request a statement of earnings which provides important information about earnings when you have lost your P45 or your P60 – documents that you cannot actually request replacements for. A statement of earnings will act as evidence when you need to claim tax back after being charged too much.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment