Tax Rebates & Refunds

Remember you can claim tax back after an increased period of work activity

May 25, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

This is the time of year when a lot of young people are thinking of putting in full time hours at their place of work instead of the part time hours they put in during the majority of the year. This is because they are on holiday from colleges and universities and the summer represents a unique opportunity to work as much as possible and earn some extra cash.

A side effect of working full time through the summer is often being taxed. The fact is that the Inland Revenue have a system of calculations in place that come into effect automatically when you earn a certain amount. When applied to a summer of increased work activity these calculations may see you pay tax on your earnings, but over the year these payments will prove unfair.

It is important that you remember that you can claim tax back when you have paid during a period of increased work activity. When things are evened out over the year your tax documentation will show what you have contributed and you will be able to work out what you should get back from the Inland Revenue.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment