Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax agencies present your case to the HMRC when your employment situation changes

May 1, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

Being out of work is obviously very tricky because it usually involves a reduction in earnings and it gives you fewer resources to go on with. However, it is important that you use the time out of work constructively in order to enhance your CV, find a new job or enrol in a useful training scheme.

It also makes sense to talk to a tax claims agency about getting back any money you have paid to the tax man that turns out to be above the amount you are liable for up to now simply because leaving your last job has thrown the relevant calculations pertaining to your personal tax payments out of whack.

What a tax agency can do for you is actually work out the numbers properly and then inform the HMRC about what has gone on in your particular case. The HMRC will have all the relevant documentation at their disposal, but a request from a tax agency is simply likely to speed things up and make sure that your issue is resolved straight away instead of when the HMRC finally gets round to it.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment