Tax Rebates & Refunds

Is your tax refund correct?

August 24, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

If you have paid the wrong amount of tax, you can claim a tax refund from HMRC. Once you’ve filled in your tax refund form and sent it to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), you will receive a letter from HMRC in due course.

The letter from HMRC will contain details of your tax refund and a cheque, if you are indeed entitled to a refund. Most tax refunds are accurately calculated, but mistakes can still happen on occasion.

If you receive a tax refund cheque, you should look at the details of how your refund was calculated and make sure it is correct. It may be that a glaring error was made, and this should be immediately obvious, but you may have to look a bit harder to check that your tax refund is correct or not.

Contact HMRC if your tax refund is wrong

If you believe that your tax refund is incorrect, even by a very small amount, it is very important that you contact the appropriate HMRC department right away. HMRC can confirm whether or not your refund is correct and put things right if a mistake has been made.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment