Tax Rebates & Refunds

Where to go for help with your tax return

August 26, 2012
Posted in Income Tax — Written by Chris

If you are self-employed or you run your own business, you will be required to fill in a tax return each year. This can be done via the HMRC’s self-assessment scheme.

Self-assessment tax returns take some time to complete and they can be quite complicated depending on your accounts and your personal circumstances. This can make filling in a tax return quite challenging, especially if you’re doing it for the first time.

If you need help or advice on filling in your tax return, you can:

Take a look at the guidance for self-assessment on the HMRC website. HMRC wants to make the self-assessment process as easy as possible for everyone who fills in their own tax return, which is why it has made many guides and documents available for people to access.

Contact the HMRC. The department has a dedicated help service available for people filling in their own tax returns, so get in touch if you have a specific problem that isn’t covered by guidance.

Use an accountant. By far the easiest way to get your tax return completed is to hire an accountant to complete it for you. However, you will have to pay for the service.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment