Tax Rebates & Refunds

Mechanics – you could be claiming tax rebates for tools

October 30, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Are you a mechanic, or did you work as a mechanic at some time in the last four years? If so, then you could be entitled to claim a tax rebate.

People who work in professions which require them to buy tools and equipment for their job out of their own money could be entitled to claim tax rebates. However, you can only put in a tax refund claim if you haven’t been reimbursed by your employer for buying the tools or equipment.

So, if you have been a mechanic within the last few years and you paid for equipment or tools out of your own money, it could be well worth your while to put in a tax rebate claim.

You can put in claims for as long as you have been buying tools with which to carry out your work. However, you will need to supply receipts as proof of purchase. If you don’t have receipts, you can try contacting the supplier which sold you the tools or equipment and see if they have records they can print for you which will act as proof of purchase.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment