Tax Rebates & Refunds

Part of a professional union? You could be eligible for a tax rebate

December 6, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Many people believe that they can only receive a tax rebate if they have paid too much income tax, usually because their circumstances change or they are on the wrong tax code. However, there are also many other reasons why a tax rebate might be on the cards for you.

For example, people who are part of professional worker’s unions may be eligible to claim tax rebates, and this is because of the subscription fees they pay to be a union member. These costs are tax deductible, meaning that you will need to pay less tax overall.

So, if you are a part of any professional union, such as UNISON, Unite, NUJ, the Association of Teachers and Lecturers, Aspect, ACCORD, and Prospect to name but a few, you could be entitled to put in a tax rebate claim.

What you can do if you pay union fees is to add up the total amount of years you have been paying without putting the costs down as tax deductibles. Then, get in touch with HMRC or a tax rebate claims specialist (this is the easier and quicker option) and put in a claim for a tax refund, for as many years back as you are permitted to include.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment