Tax Rebates & Refunds

What info do I need to make a tax rebate claim?

December 14, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Making a tax rebate claim is easy enough to do, especially if you go through a specialist rebate claims company (which will basically do all of the hard work and paperwork for you). However, you will need to provide certain types of information.

To claim a tax refund, or even to check whether you are eligible for one using a tax rebate calculator or checker, you will need to supply details about your earnings and the tax you’ve paid.

For instance, you’ll need to have the following to hand for the relevant tax year:

• The amount you earned, before tax was taken off (often called gross income)
• The amount of tax you paid on your earnings
• The amount of interest you received on bank or building society savings and how much tax was taken off this interest
• The total amount in Gift Aid donations you made (if any).

It is a good idea to gather all of this information together before you start your claim. You can find all of these details either in your P45, which you will receive when you leave a job or stop work, or your P60, which is an annual statement of earnings.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment