Tax Rebates & Refunds

When professional opportunities abroad confuse your tax situation

April 7, 2013
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

Professional opportunities do arise from time to time when you work for a pan-European or international business. Those opportunities might actually arise in the shape of the chance to work abroad for a spell. This is great in terms of offering you the opportunity to broaden your horizons and experience another culture in a more immersive way than simply travelling and holidaying elsewhere.

However, working abroad does change your relationship with the world of taxation. When you live and work in another country you are supposed to be paying your taxes to that country rather than making up a part of the tax system at home. This is something you need to sort out if possible, although your employer may take care of most of the admin.

If you notice that you have paid tax to the Inland Revenue during a period of time when you were contributing tax to another tax system elsewhere in the world then you ought to be able to claim tax back. It might be wise to speak to tax refund experts about this to make sure that you have a case for a rebate.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment