Tax Rebates & Refunds

Specialist tax rebates: What are they and who’s eligible?

March 7, 2014
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Uniform tax rebate is a rebate that a lot of people don’t know about, despite qualifying for it. If you wear a uniform or protective clothing at work, have to buy your own tools or equipment, have to pay compulsory subscriptions to unions or have to pay for licences relating to your job then you could be due a rebate for all of these things.

Teachers, police officers, airline crew, healthcare works, lorry drivers and anyone that wears a uniform for work and meets the cost of laundry themselves and pay income tax, will be eligible for some kind of specialist tax rebate.

The most common specialist rebate is the uniform tax. This applies to you if you have to pay for uniform or protective clothing for work and meet the cost of washing them yourself.

Hairdressers, chefs, builders, mechanics and anyone else who pays for their own equipment for the job could be entitled to a return of between 20% and 40% of the price you paid for each item.

Teachers, police officers and airline crew all have to pay compulsory subscriptions to unions, the Police Federation, BALPA (British Airline Pilots Association) and compulsory publications such as TES. There are plenty of other careers that this applies to as well.

Finally, security guards, gambling industry employees and lorry drivers, among others, all have to pay for licences in order to do their job. This money can be claimed back on a tax rebate form.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment