Tax Rebates & Refunds

A few excellent tips on claiming tax rebates

July 29, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Do you want to check on whether you have overpaid your tax or not? If the answer is yes, then use an online tax rebate calculator. With this calculator, you have to enter your income and other tax related details. There are many reasons why an individual could have paid extra tax. This includes;

• Wrong tax code
• Being on an emergency tax code
• Not working full time
• Retiring from work
• Leaving the country.

Once you know that you have paid extra tax then you can apply for a tax rebate with your local tax office.

The documents needed for claiming a tax rebate

The P60 form is one of the main documents which must be attached with the tax rebate application form. You will get this form from your employers at the end of the tax year which is April 5th. The P60 contains information related to your income and tax paid in a specific year. The figures mentioned in the P60 will also help in calculating how much tax refund you can get.

If you have lost your P60 then you can ask for a ‘Statement of Earnings’ from your employers. This statement also contains information about your income and tax. Other than a P60, you also have to attach a P45 and P91 with the application form.

Filing the application form and attaching the different documents is a tricky job, so hire a tax consultant who will help you in applying for tax rebates. Once you have submitted the tax rebate form to the local tax office then you will usually get the refund within 6-8 weeks.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment