Tax Rebates & Refunds

Applying for a tax rebate? Here is some information on P60s

July 26, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you have been paying tax regularly then there is a chance that you might have overpaid. Due to being on an emergency tax code or the wrong tax code, some people pay extra tax to the government. If you have overpaid tax in the last 4 years then you are eligible to make a claim for a tax refund.

To check whether you can claim a tax refund or not, you can use an online tax rebate calculator. The calculator will help you to know the exact amount of cash that you can claim. If you are planning to apply for a tax rebates then a good idea is to hire a financial consultant who will help you to fill out the forms and documents. One of the most important documents you need to do this is your P60 which contains details about your income tax.


Your P60 is a tax document which you will receive at the end of a financial year from your employer. Your P60 shows the amount of tax you have paid and how much you have earned in the last tax year. Your P60 also has information related to the PAYE reference number and tax code.

Generally, all employers give P60s to employees immediately after the tax year ends (April 5th).

If you have lost your P60 from the last year, you can ask your employer for a ‘Statement of earnings’. Make sure that the statement is printed on your company’s letter headed paper.

You will either have to send your P60 or statement of earnings to the HMRC to get a tax rebate.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment