Tax Rebates & Refunds

How to determine whether you are due a tax refund

July 25, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

There are numerous factors that can help you determine whether you are due a tax rebate.

You can claim for a tax rebate if you fulfil any of the following criteria:

• You have been put on the wrong tax code
• You did not claim your free allowances whilst at work
• You are a worker who did not work for the complete tax year

Tax rebates after leaving the UK

There are many overseas workers who leave the UK without claiming their tax refund. If you have worked in the UK and are planning to leave the country, you can still apply for a tax rebate.

What documents do you need to claim a tax rebate?

When claiming for a tax rebate, you will need a P60 or P45. However, if you have lost your P45, you can ask your employer to provide you with a ‘statement of earnings’. This is an important document as it contains all details about the taxes paid and your earnings.

By entering these details into a tax refund calculator, you can determine the amount of tax refund you are eligible to get. The time required to get you tax rebate will depend upon the information you provide and the time of the year when you submit your application. If you want to eliminate the hassles involved in claiming a tax rebate, opting for professional help is a wise decision.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment