Tax Rebates & Refunds

Read the following tips if you want to apply for a tax rebate

July 30, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you are a regular tax payer then there is the chance that you have paid extra tax this year or last year. To check whether you have overpaid, you have to check your tax code and how much you have earned. The online tax calculator is one of the simplest ways to find out the amount of the tax refund you can get.

If you want to apply for a tax refund then you have to gather all of the following documents such as:

• P45 – Details of employee leaving work
• P60 – Yearly tax statement
• P91 – Employee history.

If you have lost any one of the required documents then you can get a replacement. For instance, if you cannot find a P60 or P45 then you can contact your employer and get the statement of earnings. Make sure that the statement of any year is printed on company headed paper.

Once you are ready with all these documents and forms then you have to send it to the local tax office.

How to send your tax refund application to the tax office

Make sure that the application form is given with a cover letter which contains your details. You have to send this application to the local tax office. To find a local office, you have to use the PAYE reference code and wage slip. By entering the PAYE reference code in the tax office locator tool, you can get the address where you have to send the application.

The whole procedure of filling tax rebate forms can get very complicated, so it may be wise to hire a tax consultant.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment