Tax Rebates & Refunds

Apply for a rebate on overpaid income tax at end of the tax year

October 28, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you work in the UK then you will receive a P60 at the end of each tax year. The P60 will help you to know whether you have overpaid on income tax or not. The P60 will contain information related to your income and tax paid. Use an online calculator to know how much tax rebate you can get from HMRC. Once you know that you have overpaid on income tax then apply for a tax refund immediately.

How to apply for tax rebates

First of all, you have to fill out the application form which is also available on the internet. Along with the application form, you have to attach a P60, P45, P85, P86 and P91 form. You have to submit the original documents to the local tax office. If you have lost any one of the above mentioned forms then you can attach a replacement form. For example, if you have misplaced your P60 then you can ask for a replacement from your employers.

If you are ready with all the documents then attach them to the application form. Place them in a cover letter which must contain information regarding your tax code. Send the cover letter to the local tax office which is present in your area. You can get the information about the local office from the internet.

How long does it take to receive tax rebates?

Once you have submitted all your documents and the application form to the local tax office then you have to wait 4-5 weeks. Ensure that you have submitted all the required documents because the wrong submission can extend the process. The tax rebate will be deposited directly in to your bank account or you will receive a cheque.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment