Tax Rebates & Refunds

Two important questions clarified regarding tax refunds

October 31, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

You are eligible for a tax refund if you have been working and living in the United Kingdom. Calculating the amount that you get back as tax is often confusing and tricky. People who are unfamiliar with the process should seek expert help to avoid complications.

Certain tax forms like the P45 and P60 are mandatory when it comes to filing for a tax return at the end of a financial year. Enter the figures which you get in a tax calculator to know if you are eligible for a tax rebate. If you have been earning below the tax free allowance granted by the government you may be entitled to a tax refund.

Mentioned below are two important questions that can help an individual when filing for tax returns.

How and where can you apply for tax rebates?

You can apply for a tax rebate at your local tax department or directly with the HMRC. There are several documents that need to be attached with the application form. P45, P60, P85 and P86 are some of the forms without which you cannot get a tax rebate. Place all the documents along with the application form and post it to the HMRC.

How long should you wait for a tax rebate?

If you have provided all the necessary documents and filled in all the details in the application form, you will receive the money within 6-8 weeks. In the event of a delayed service, the most likely reason is that some of the forms are missing. The deadline to apply for a tax rebate is usually six years; however it is advisable to claim for a refund as soon as possible.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment