Tax Rebates & Refunds

Looking to apply for a tax rebate?

November 30, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

If you work in the UK and pay regular income tax then you must be aware about tax rebates. If you have paid more income tax to the government than you should have, you can claim a tax refund. To know how much you have overpaid, you can use an online tax rebate calculator and enter all the related details.

If you want to claim a tax refund then you must fill in the application form and attach all the required documents, such as your P60, P45, P86 and P91. Once you are ready with these documents and your application form then post it to the local tax office. Ensure that you include a cover letter which contains information related to your income tax and income earned.

Generally, it is recommended to apply for tax rebates only at the end of the financial or tax year, which is April 5th. However, if you are going out of the country permanently then you can apply for a tax rebate at any time of year.

After submitting the application form to the local tax office, you will receive a refund in 4-8 weeks. The time taken to receive the money depends on the documents you have submitted. For instance, if you have not submitted any one of the papers then the refund process will become lengthier.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment