Tax Rebates & Refunds

Ask for tax refund if your have paid too much

December 29, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Chris

Have you paid too much income tax? Do you want to know how much you have overpaid? If your answer is yes, then you should use an online calculator which will provide you with the amount that you could receive back. You need to enter various tax details in the calculator to get accurate results.

Reasons why you might have overpaid tax

Today, many working individuals are applying for tax rebates because they have paid too much tax. There are various reasons why an individual might have paid more. This includes part-time jobs, retirement, emergency tax or the wrong tax code and leaving the country permanently. If you have paid too much income tax because of these reasons then claim for a tax rebate.

What to attach with the application form

If you want to apply for tax refunds then you need to fill in the application form which is available on the Inland Revenue website. You need to enter the proper details about your income and tax. Along with this form, you also need to send other tax documents to the tax office. You may have to attach your P60, P85/86, P91 and P45 with the tax refund application form.

When to submit the form

When you are ready with the application form and other documents, write a covering letter and mail them to your local tax office.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment