Tax Rebates & Refunds

Got some queries regarding tax rebates? Here are some FAQs

December 28, 2010
Posted in Income Tax — Written by Geoffrey

It has been proved that many individuals have overpaid income tax in the last tax year. This might have been because they were on the wrong or emergency tax code, in part-time employment or because they retired part way through the tax year retirement. If you have paid too much income tax because of any of the above mentioned reasons then you should apply for a tax refund immediately. You can also apply for a tax refund for the any one of the past six tax years.

How to calculate your tax refund figure

If you want to check how much tax refund you can apply for then you must use an online tax refund calculator. You have to enter various tax related details in this calculator. You can refer to P60 and P45 to get these details.

What to attach with the application form?

Besides the application form, you also have to send various documents such as your P45, P60, P85, P86 or P91. Ensure that you only submit the original forms.

When can you apply?

If you have filled in the form and attached all the documents then you have to mail it to the local income tax office. You have to post after the end of the tax year (April 5th) to get a refund from the previous year. If you are leaving the country you can mail the application form at any time.

How long will it take?

If you have submitted the form and documents then you have to wait for around 4-6 weeks to get a refund. If you submit all the original documents and fill in the forms correctly it can speed up the process.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment