Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebates- the importance of filing for returns properly

December 31, 2010
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

Tax rebate is a subject that has confused many individuals over the years. People who have experience in claiming tax rebates find it easy to fill in the forms, although unfortunately there are many who still don’t understand the system.

What documents do I need in order to apply for tax rebates?

There are a number of documents that are needed when you file for a rebate. These include tax forms, P45, P60 and your salary slips for the previous financial year. It is highly important to fill in these forms properly so that you receive your rebate without any delay.

What if you have misplaced the required documents?

It is important not to panic if you misplace some of your documents as there are other ways by which you can prove your earnings to the HMRC. For instance, if you lose your salary slips, you can always ask your employer for a ‘Statement of Earnings’. This document can be submitted along with the P45 and P60 to your local tax office.

What if you are confused or are unsure about the process?

There are many financial advisors who can guide you through the process. You simply have to present the necessary documents and they will ensure that you fill in the forms properly.

Ensure that you fill in the tax forms properly and avoid delays in receiving your payments.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment