Tax Rebates & Refunds

How to get a tax rebate if you are leaving the UK

April 30, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

People leave the UK for multiple reasons. Irrespective of the reason, it’s important to check whether you are eligible for a tax rebate if you are leaving the country. Here is some basic information you need to know about tax rebates.

Who is eligible for a tax rebate?

Any individual working in UK and who has paid his income tax could be eligible to apply for a tax rebate.

Can an individual get all their tax back if they leave the UK permanently?

This can be ascertained based on the individual’s income for every previous tax year and the amount paid as tax. But you should be able to get a tax rebate for the tax year in which you leave the country.

How to calculate the amount of tax you are eligible to get

Once you leave your job, your employer has to give you a P45 form. This form will provide you with the details for the current tax year. Put these tax figures into the tax rebate calculator and you will get an idea of how much of a tax refund you could be eligible to get.

When you are planning to leave the UK and seek a tax rebate though, you need to take action as soon as possible.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment