Tax Rebates & Refunds

Claim tax back when you embark upon life as a mature student

September 29, 2011
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

People do not always realise what direction they want to take in life as soon as they finish school or college. It can take time to work out what it is you want to do with your time and where you see your future career. You may want to earn a bit of money before you take the plunge in terms of following a specific path.

This is why some people come to university study later in life. They allow ideas to develop over time and eventually decide that they would like to deepen their understanding of a particular subject, either with a view to career or simply to become more of an expert in that field.

When you leave work because you have decided to explore your options as a student, your tax circumstances will change. Even if you continue to work part time during the period of time you are at university, you will no longer be subject to the tax code you were on before. Students are entitled to claim back overpayments of tax and any tax charged in error in the shape of a tax rebate.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment