Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebate advice for teachers

September 24, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Anyone in any line of work may be entitled to income tax refunds if they have overpaid for some reason. However, there are some professions in which people have extra ways to claim tax rebates, and one of these is the teaching profession.

There are few ways to claim tax rebates if you are a teacher or work within the UK educational system. For example, you can often claim a tax refund for:

• Subscriptions to professional publications. For example, or TES
• The purchase of a laptop or other equipment you need for your job
• The costs of running your car, if used for work purposes
• Membership fees for teachers unions or professional bodies

How to claim tax rebates

The first thing to know about teacher tax rebates is that you can only claim for an expense that you haven’t been properly reimbursed for by your employer. Many of the costs and expenses listed above aren’t covered in employer reimbursement practices.

If you decide to go ahead with your claim, you can fill in the forms yourself or you can use the services or resources of a tax rebate specialist.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment