Tax Rebates & Refunds

Tax rebate advice for medical professionals

November 26, 2012
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Geoffrey

Do you work within the healthcare industry, as a doctor, nurse, practitioner or in any other role? If so, you could be eligible to claim certain kinds of tax rebates specific to people who work in the healthcare sector.


Most people who work in doctor’s practices, hospitals and care homes have to wear a uniform to work. Your uniform will normally be provided or paid for by your employer, who may also take responsibility for washing it by covering the costs or providing free laundry facilities. If you have to pay anything towards buying or laundering your work uniform and you aren’t reimbursed for it, however, you could be entitled to claim a tax rebate on the money you spend.

Professional subscriptions

For medical professionals, subscriptions to industry magazines and professional journals is essential in order to keep up to date with the latest practices and techniques. Subscription fees for these publications are another thing you can claim a tax refund for.

Union fees

Many healthcare professionals are part of a worker’s union, for which they are required to pay a membership fee. You can claim a tax rebate for this too.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment