Tax Rebates & Refunds

Could you be entitled to a rebate for the last tax year?

March 28, 2013
Posted in Tax Rebates — Written by Jennifer

As the current tax year ends, many people could be entitled to a tax rebate. HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) calculates tax refunds once a tax year has ended and sends out rebates automatically, but some people could end up being overlooked.

To ensure that you get a tax rebate if you are entitled to one, you may need to look into your tax affairs yourself. You should be looking at the following:

Your tax code. Look online or consult a tax specialist to see if your tax code is correct. If it isn’t, you could have been paying too much tax and be owed a refund.

Your employment throughout the last tax year. If you worked a full year (April 2012 to April 2013) in the same job, it is likely that your tax is correct. However, if you left your job or were made redundant, went part-time or were out of work for a period, you could also be entitled to a tax rebate. This is because tax is calculated based on a whole year of work, but if you didn’t work the full year, you could have been paying too much.

No Comments (Leave comment »)

No comments yet.

Comment RSS | TrackBack URL

Leave a comment